Saturday, October 14, 2006

REQUI(RED) READING


I was just watching TV, Larry King live to be exact, and learned about something I think is very important. Larry King was interviewing Bono of U2, and the topic was Aids. Even though I am not a big U2 fanatic (meaning I don't own an album, yet at least), I have to say that I admire his message. The interview was about a new clothing line Gap is promoting, created by Bono himself as well as his partner and friend Bobby shriver, and for every sale of 'red' half of the profits will go towards the fight against Aids in Africa. Apparently the clothing line dropped Friday October 13th (haha, thats bad isn't it), and it will be a permanent part of Gaps clothing offerings. Its good to know that we have very wealthy, influential, and passionate people like Bono interested in the poor and doing something on a consistent basis to try and help them. The irony is that he can do it not just with a speech or a bunch of in-your-face-propaganda but with something as simple as a t-shirt.

Below are some links, do check them out.
(Gap) Red
JoinRed blog page

No comments: