Thursday, July 17, 2008

BAPE x Nintendo



Whenever I come across stuff like this it reminds of how much I love this brand. Only a Bathing Ape could pull this off and make it uber cool. Apparently a Bape is working with Nintendo to release not just three tees (as you probably already know, see hypebeast) but a number of items that will explore both brands affinity for eccentric characters and products. I mean just look at the kind of products my man Nigo puts out (see below). As far as I know he's the first one to put a plain white t-shirt with his logo, in a bottle, put the bottle in a box, put a price tag of $500+ on it, and have 50 or more people line up the day of release trying to get their hands on it. Amazing products? Street credibility? Marketing genius? Whatever it is a Bathing Ape is not going away anytime soon.


No comments: